In this course you will learn about Cloud Spanner. You will get an introduction to Cloud Spanner, contrasting it with other Database products to understand when and how to use Spanner to solve your relational database needs at scale. You will learn how to create and manage Spanner databases using various tools on Google Cloud, learn to optimize relational schemas with Spanner’s distributed database model in mind, interact with your Spanner databases using the Spanner APIs, integrate Spanner with your applications, and learn how to use other Google tools for administering Spanner databases and managing your data. The lab culminates with a challenge lab where you demonstrate your knowledge of administering Spanner databases and managing data.
Who should attend
Database administrators, engineers/developers, and cloud architects who want to learn how to create, optimize, and manage Spanner databases and migrate existing databases into Spanner.
Some prior Google Cloud experience at the fundamental level is assumed. Experience with relational databases, the SQL language, and some programming is also assumed.
- Build scalable, managed, relational databases using Google Cloud Spanner
- Create and manage Spanner databases using the CLI, Terraform, Python API, and the Cloud Console
- Optimize relational database schemas for Spanner's distributed database model
- Leverage Google Cloud tools for administering Spanner databases and managing data
- Program and run queries and transactions using the Spanner API
- Integrate Spanner with your applications