Who should attend
This class is intended for the following job roles:
- Cloud information security analysts, architects, and engineers
- Information security/cybersecurity specialists
- Cloud infrastructure architects
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Prior completion of Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure (GCF-CI) or equivalent experience
- Prior completion of Networking in Google Cloud Platform (NGCP) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of foundational concepts in information security, through experience or through online training such as SANS's SEC301: Introduction to Cyber Security
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes terminology (preferred but not required)
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the foundations of Google Cloud security.
- Manage administration identities with Google Cloud.
- Implement user administration with Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Configure Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) for isolation, security, and logging.
- Apply techniques and best practices for securely managing Compute Engine.
- Apply techniques and best practices for securely managing Google Cloud data.
- Apply techniques and best practices for securing Google Cloud applications.
- Apply techniques and best practices for securing Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) resources.
- Manage protection against distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS).
- Manage content-related vulnerabilities.
- Implement Google Cloud monitoring, logging, auditing, and scanning solutions.
This training course gives you a broad study of security controls and techniques in Google Cloud. Through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, you’ll explore and deploy the components of a secure Google Cloud solution, using services like Cloud Identity, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cloud Load Balancing, Cloud IDS, Web Security Scanner, BeyondCorp Enterprise, Cloud DNS, and much more.