This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2016 product features and tools related to developing a database.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server 2016 database.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
Follow On Courses
- Introduction to Database Development
- Designing and Implementing Tables
- Advanced Table Designs
- Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Introduction to Indexes
- Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Columnstore Indexes
- Designing and Implementing Views
- Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Using In-Memory Tables
- Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- SQL Server Concurrency
- Performance and Monitoring