In this course, application developers learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate components from the Google Cloud ecosystem. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Use best practices for application development
- Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data
- Implement federated identity management
- Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices
- Integrate application components and data sources
- Debug, trace, and monitor applications
- Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services
- Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google Container Engine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution with Google App Engine Flex