- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- iTLS Academy»
- Hack Academy
- iTLS IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Business Skills Training
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Networks Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Desktop Application Security in Python (DASEC-PY)
Your application written in Python works as intended, so you are done, right? But did you consider feeding in incorrect values? 16Gbs of data? A null? An apostrophe? Negative numbers, or specifically -1 or -231? Because that’s what the bad guys will do – and the list is far from complete.
Handling security needs a healthy level of paranoia, and this is what this course provides: a strong emotional engagement by lots of hands on labs and stories from real life, all to substantially improve code hygiene. Mistakes, consequences, and best practices are our blood, sweat and tears.
All this is put in the context of Python, and extended by core programming issues, discussing security pitfalls of the programming language.
So that you are prepared for the forces of the dark side.
So that nothing unexpected happens.
Who should attend
Python developers working on desktop applications
General Python development
- Getting familiar with essential cyber security concepts
- Identify vulnerabilities and their consequences
- Learn the security best practices in Python
- Input validation approaches and principles
- Managing vulnerabilities in third party components
- Understanding how cryptography can support appplication security
- Learning how to use cryptographic APIs correctly in Python
- Cyber security basics
- Input validation
- Security features
- Using vulnerable components
- Cryptography for developers
- Common software security weaknesses
- Wrap up
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.