Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine (GCP-GSGKE)
This course introduces participants to creating and deploying containerized applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as pods and containers.
Who should attend
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how software containers work.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes.
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/kubectl commands.