- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- iTLS Academy»
- iTLS IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Business Skills Training
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Networks Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
AWS Certified Developer – Associate (ACDA)
This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified Developer – Associate validates the ability to write and deploy cloud-based applications.
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Developer – Associate is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses of the services, and basic AWS architecture best practices, including the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifecycle management, and the use of containers in the development process
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS and writing code for serverless applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services and use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. (DVA-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Recommended training for this certification
AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. (DVA-C01)
AWS Certifications are valid for three years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, we require you to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise though a process called recertification. Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS Certification and shows individuals and employers that your credential covers the latest AWS knowledge, skills, and best practices.
Recertification for the Associate-level certification
Take the Associate exam
You can take the Associate-level exam for the certification you already have. For example, if you are an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, you can retake the current AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam to recertify. You can use your 50% discount voucher from the Benefits section of your AWS Certification account to recertify or apply it to any future certification exam you wish to pursue.
Earn a Professional-level certification
You can also satisfy the recertification requirement by passing either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam for the Architect path or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam for the Developer or Operations path. For example, if you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam, this will satisfy your AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate recertification requirement.