Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications (20695)
This five-day course is intended for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium-sized, large, or enterprise organizations. Typically, this audience comes from a desktop support background and progresses to the role of Enterprise Desktop Administrator. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (Configuration Manager) to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and enterprise applications. The Enterprise Desktop Administrator might also use toolsets such as the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK), and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks.
Who should attend
This five-day course is for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use several tools, including the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK), System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and cloud-based services to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- System administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
Desired: Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Students will be able to assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Students will be able to identify the most appropriate Windows deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Students will be able to assess Windows 10 application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions.
- Students will be able to describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Students will be able to describe image management and use Windows ADK to prepare and support automated deployment strategies.
- Students will be able to identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Students will be able to configure an operating system deployment process using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Students will be able to configure an operating system deployment strategy using System Center Configuration Manager.
- Students will be able to integrate the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures.
- Students will be able to deploy Windows 10 using modern deployment techniques such as Windows Autopilot, Windows Configuration Designer, and Configuration Manager Servicing.
- Students will be able to implement volume license activation and configuration settings for client computers.
- Students will be able to customize and deploy Microsoft Office and configure access to Microsoft Store for Business apps.
- Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
- Determining Windows Deployment Strategies
- Assessing Application Compatibility
- Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Managing images and deployments using the Windows ADK
- Supporting PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Operating System Deployment Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Operating System Deployment Using System Center Configuration
- Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
- Automating Windows Deployment using Modern Deployment Techniques
- Managing Volume License Activation and Additional Configuration Settings
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.