Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (20332)
Who should attend
The course track is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or cloud. In addition, Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from understanding of managing SharePoint Server 2013.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
- At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security.
This five-day course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the Search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan. and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core features of SharePoint 2013
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure social computing features
- Plan and configure productivity and collaboration platforms and features
- Plan and configure Business Intelligence solutions
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Plan and configure enterprise content management in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
- Develop and implement a governance plan for SharePoint Server 2013
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 1: Understanding Architecture in SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 2: Designing for Business Continuity Management
- Module 3: Test the Backup and Restore Process
- Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
- Module 5: Connecting People
- Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
- Module 8: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Search
- Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Module 10: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
- Module 11: Managing Solutions in SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 12: Managing Apps for SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 13: Developing a Governance Plan
- Module 14: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint Server 2013
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.