Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (20331)
Who should attend
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or the cloud. Students typically have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
An ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2010 farms across a large enterprise. Because many customers skipped upgrading from SharePoint 2007, a candidate can also have at least 2 years of experience with SharePoint 2007 and knowledge of the differences between 2007 and 2010, particularly the Service Application model. A candidate can demonstrate the following skills:
- Software management in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in the cloud.
- Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configuring Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implementing Claims-based Security.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server 2013, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment
- Module 1: Introducing SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 2: Designing an Information Architecture
- Module 3: Designing a Logical Architecture
- Module 4: Designing a Physical Architecture
- Module 5: Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 6: Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Module 8: Managing Users and Permissions
- Module 9: Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Module 11: Managing Taxonomy
- Module 12: Configuring User Profiles
- Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2013 Environment
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date